Sunday, April 15, 2007

Hopefully a Normal View From Up Top

One of my inspirations for starting this blog is the thought that I and some of my closest "bottom" friends have had is there is not that many places on the net where you can get a NORMAL point of view from a top. I see some things go down in the Internet spanking world (the non-commercial side, more personal side) that can really get on my nerves, but I also see us "normal joes" who just want to spank a cute gal from time to time!

Well, I think us "normal joe" tops need some representation on the net. Of course, some could entirely disagree with the things I say here, and I may not be all that "normal" to some. Normalcy is subjective.

Now, for me to tell you rule no. 1, numero uno, in my humble opinion, on being a good top.

Be Confident.

In this respect, spanking and dating are very similar. You must exude confidence! I do not mean that you need to walk around all cocky all the time either. I speak of true confidence. You do not have to go around telling everyone you are "top dawg" if you are! It will show in your sane and confident manner when the time comes!

Let me tell ya a little secret, too: Being a top helps me gain confidence! It is a lovely boost to my soul when I have spanked a gal. I may not be whistling zippety-do-da when a spanking is finished (kinda kills the moment, ha ha!), but I always leave knowing that a gal has trusted me enough to put her bottom on the line, and it causes a huge boost in confidence.

HOWEVER!!!!! Do not let spanking be your only way to gain confidence. In order to be a confident top, one that truly reaps the rewards of being a spanker, you must already be assured of yourself. Only then can you gain even more confidence and truly give the bottom what she wants and, um, deserves!

Also, do not mistake confidence with the complex of always thinking you are right. You are human, you will be wrong about something. You have to learn how to roll with the punches, however, and gain new knowledge from old mistakes. Pretty basic, is it not?

Okay, I think I am wrapping up this post. I may write more tonight, or tomorrow, depending. I have several topics that I would like to hit upon soon. Some are related to what I just said. If you feel I left anything out of this, let me know. I can always add more!

4 comments:

Ruby Redd said...

Again, this is a good post. Are you ready for finals? I would be, but I'm super sick right now--dunno what in the hell is wrong with me, but it ain't good at all.

Ruby

Ruby Redd said...

Tag! You're It. The cruelty of blogging knows no bounds. Check out my blog today (5/6/07) to find out what this is about.

Ruby

Anonymous said...

LOL...Ruby beat me to it dammit! I tag you too, but you only have to do it once since it's the same thing!!!

Love,
Emilie

PS...it's how you know you're truly loved!

Dave said...

That was a insightful and intriguing post. Thank you!

Dave